Lots of big changes have already happened at Walt Disney World however May is shaping up to be an exciting month last night Disney parks blog went live with a live stream of wishes. Guests were asked to go to their Twitter to unlock a special preview of the new fireworks premiering May 12 following the performance Disney parks blog announced that the preview was unlocked and guest could check it out. So like so many other people I had to take a look the soundtrack is going to feature upbeat re-orchestrated Disney Classics along with a very new modern theme song that happened to bring me to tears.
The State of the art show is going to be using some new technology can Vining lasers, photo map imaging, fireworks and an amazing score even though a lot of people will miss wishes I truly think that happily ever after will quickly win them over and become a magical ending to every night at the Magic Kingdom.
At the end of me Disney’s animal Kingdom open it’s long-awaited avatar land guest have been talking about this for many years and it seems like Disney is about to deliver a very unique never before seen theamd land that has been closely guarded by the Disney Imagineering.
So whether you live in Orlando or traveling to the parks soon Disney is about to up the ante in wow factor.
On Wednesday night how are very own Jenie Gallo (The Princess Papers) was on hand at the Disney parks Blog Meetup as Michael Roddy announced some amazing new Star Wars offerings coming to Walt Disney World Resort.
Beginning this month, Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® will have even more to celebrate as favorite Star Wars experiences are updated and new experiences begin in 2017:
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away: AWR (Advanced Weapons Research) Troopers from the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will debut during a new scene in the existing Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away daytime show. AWR Troopers are encased in specialized Stormtrooper armor with a dark, ominous gleam.
Star Wars Launch Bay: This location will feature new props from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Making-of footage can be seen in the attraction’s behind-the-scenes film, “Meet the Makers.” Similar updates can also be found at Star Wars Launch Bay in Disneyland® Park in California.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: Voyage changes are coming starting in mid-December, switching back to randomized beginnings (instead of starting each journey on the planet of Jakku) and final destinations.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: This spectacular show will return nightly beginning Dec. 16, 2016 in celebration of the theatrical release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, joining “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” as a second nightly fireworks spectacular at the park through Dec. 31, 2016.
Star Wars Guided Tour: Beginning in 2017, this seven-hour guided tour will be led by a Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide. Your Clients will blast off on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, get an in-depth, insider’s tour around Launch Bay, and enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items at Backlot Express. Plus, Guests age 4-12 will have an opportunity to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. And, the finale of this unforgettable day includes themed sweets and specialty beverages at Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which also includes reserved viewing for the show. Stay tuned to Disney Travel News for more information on this tour and booking information.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story opens in U.S. theaters on Dec. 16, 2016.
To book these specialty tours and packages contact our Fairy Godmother Mary Morales
SupersizeOrlando.com is powered by friendship wine and pixie dust!
A special thank you to The Princess Papers and Jeanie Gallo for the great photos and information!
Disney’s Super Size friendly Not-so-spooky ghosts and goblins return this fall – while dastardly villains unleash some mischief — during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, delighting fun-seekers of all ages inside Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.
On 29 select nights from September 2 through Halloween night October 31, Magic Kingdom Park will host this spooktacular after-hours party from 7 p.m. – midnight.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party features Disney characters donning their favorite Halloween costumes, while partygoers navigate treat trails and candy galore throughout Magic Kingdom themed out for happy haunts. Partygoers can dress up in Halloween costumes and explore their favorite Magic Kingdom attractions.
Eerie entertainment features the twice-nightly “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” and “HalloWishes,” a green and orange fireworks spectacle complete with Disney villains, caps the evening festivities. And the Sanderson Sisters are back! Returning for a second year, the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular stage show brings together Disney Villains and the mischievous sisters to cast a spell over Magic Kingdom three times each party night.
Party dates for 2016 are: September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 29 & 30 and October 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 & 31. Guests may visit Disneyworld.com/Halloween for party dates and prices, or call 407-W-DISNEY.
Guests also can purchase tickets to a special dessert party taking place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, the Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party. Here, guests can indulge in decadent desserts, a buffet of sweet treats and specialty non-alcoholic beverages and will receive preferred viewing for the 8:30 p.m. performance of Mickey’s “Boo-too-You” Halloween Parade, as well as preferred viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular. For dates, prices and to make reservations for the dessert party, guests may call 407/939-5262.
Party guests can also make dining reservations at some of most enchanting table-service restaurants in the park, including Be Our Guest, Cinderella’s Royal Table and Crystal Palace. To reserve a table during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, guests may call (407) WDW-DINE or visit DisneyWorld.com/Dining.
Pop hit makers will rock America Gardens Theatre during the 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Eight new Eat to the Beat musical acts join 18 fan-favorite bands for a diverse lineup of pop hit makers who will rock America Gardens Theatre during the 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sept. 14-Nov. 14 at Walt Disney World Resort.
New-to-the-festival acts in 2016 are Wang Chung, BoDeans, Plain White T’s, Jeffrey Osborne, Toad The West Sprocket, Living Colour, Soul Asylum and Delta Rae. Guests can tune into their favorite returning acts that will include Los Lobos, STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas, Wilson Phillips, Tiffany, Hanson and Boyz II Men. Concerts take place at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. daily. The lineup (subject to change and included in Epcot admission) includes:
Sept. 14-15 Wang Chung NEW! “Everybody Have Fun Tonight”
Sept. 16-18 STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
Sept. 19-20 Air Supply “All Out of Love”
Sept. 21-23 BoDeans NEW! “Closer to Free”
Sept. 24-25 Fuel “Hemorrhage (In My Hands)”
Sept. 26-28 Sugar Ray “Fly”
Sept. 29-30 Los Lobos “La Bamba”
Oct. 1-2 David Cook “Light On”
Oct. 3-4 Wilson Phillips “Hold On”
Oct. 5-6 Blues Traveler “Run-Around”
Oct. 7-9 Plain White T’s NEW! “Hey There Delilah”
Oct. 10-11 38 Special “Hold On Loosely”
Oct. 12-13 Jeffrey Osborne NEW! “On the Wings of Love”
Oct. 14-16 Tiffany “I Think We’re Alone Now”
Oct. 17-19 Dennis DeYoung: The Music of Styx “Lady”
Oct. 20-21 Christopher Cross “Sailing”
Oct. 22-23 Toad The Wet Sprocket NEW! “Walk on the Ocean”
Oct. 24-25 Chaka Khan “I Feel for You”
Oct. 26-27 Billy Ocean “Caribbean Queen”
Oct. 28-29 Living Colour NEW! “Cult of Personality”
Oct. 30-Nov. 1 Hanson “Get the Girl Back”
Nov. 2-3 Soul Asylum NEW! “Runaway Train”
Nov. 4-6 Delta Rae NEW! “Bottom of the River”
Nov. 7-9 Boyz II Men “Motownphilly”
Nov. 10-11 Sister Hazel “All For You”
Nov. 12-14 Big Bad Voodoo Daddy “Go Daddy-O”
(Songs listed are for artist recognition only and may not be included in the concert play list)
Guests also can sip and nosh their way around the World Showcase and watch talented performers weave music, dance, acrobatics, comedy and other acts into the festivities. A sampling of entertainment includes:
- Classic American pop hits performed a cappella by American Music Machine (America Gardens Theatre)
- Perfect harmony of Voices of Liberty (American Adventure rotunda)
- Infectious beat of internationally acclaimed Mariachi Cobre (Mexico)
- Retro British hits by British Revolution (United Kingdom)
- Jaw-dropping stunts by The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats (China)
“IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” lights up the World Showcase with lasers, music and fireworks to provide a “wow” ending to each festival evening. Visit EpcotFoodfestival.com and watch for festival updates.
This Fourth of July, families and friends can enjoy four days of special events, concerts and one of Orlando’s most magnificent fireworks displays during SeaWorld Orlando’s 4th of July Weekend Celebration.
- Friday, July 1st– Military Appreciation Morning – This Friday, SeaWorld Orlando will be opening the park gates one hour early for U.S. active duty military, veterans and up to three guests. Spin, glide, skim and fly on Manta or brave Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Mako during exclusive ride time before park opening. Advance ticket and military ID required; visit WavesOfHonor.com for current active duty and veteran ticket offers. Exclusive ride time begins at 8 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday, July 2 and 3 – Weekend Concerts – Park guests can enjoy performances from Country music icon Lee Greenwood at Bayside Stadium. Greenwood has more than 30 albums to his credit and has received numerous industry awards including Grammy Top Male Vocal Performance and Male Vocalist with Country Music Association. Concerts begin at 6:30 p.m. and are included with park admission. Reserved seating available for $15, visitSeaWorldOrlando.com for details.
- Fireworks Display – This Fourth of July, families and friends can enjoy one of Orlando’s most magnificent fireworks displays at SeaWorld Orlando. The night sky will light up as bursts of bright colors fill the air during this spectacular, patriotic-inspired show featuring the 13th Army Band, Florida National Guard. Fireworks are included with park admission and can best be viewed from Bayside Stadium. The patriotic musical performance begins at 10 p.m. with fireworks promptly following at approximately 10:45 p.m.
VIP Fireworks Viewing Patio- Enjoy this private VIP Hillside Patio to view the Fourth of July fireworks at SeaWorld. Included in the purchase is this VIP area to watch the fireworks along with one drink ticket redeemable for a beer, wine or soda and dessert selection. Packages starting at $49.00.
Fourth of July Fireworks Reserved Seating- Reserve your seat in advance by purchasing Fourth of July Fireworks Reserved Seating online for $29.00.
Through August 7, SeaWorld will feature Summer of Mako, an all-new event that encourages families to explore, be inspired and take action to protect our one ocean. Whether you want to meet animal experts, dive deeper into an ocean of interactive games or experience Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Mako, Summer of Mako has something for everyone.
Guests can enjoy one of Orlando’s best values this holiday weekend, SeaWorld’s 4th of July Weekend Celebration andSummer of Mako for $69 with the purchase of a single-day admission to SeaWorld at SeaWorldOrlando.com.
For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com. Events and times are subject to change. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest Summer of Mako information. Join the conversation with #SeaWorld and #SummerOfMako.
We are excited to be going to Legoland this Saturday to learn more about Legoland Night Lights!
Legoland truly comes alive on select weekend nights with a DJ dance party. The night ends with a big bang with breathtaking fireworks over the lake.
Earlier this summer Legoland Florida premiered Nexo Knights 4D Adventure. This 4D film is one of several films featured at the Wells Fargo theater and following each movie guest will have the opportunity to meet some of their favorite Lego stars…
Chad and Katie are also just as excited to check out the newly reopened imagination Zone with the Warner Brothers Game Zone.
Legoland Florida Resort, it’s just a short drive from Orlando and is a great place for children of all ages for tickets and park hours visit their website www.legoland.com
This summer, thrill seekers and families alike can enjoy spectacular summer events at both SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica with all-new and returning summer festivities.
From June 10 – August 7, SeaWorld will feature Summer of Mako, an all-new event that encourages families to explore, be inspired and take action to protect our one ocean. Whether you want to meet animal experts, dive deeper into an ocean of interactive games or experience Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Mako, Summer of Mako has something for everyone.
Mako – SeaWorld Orlando is upping the thrills this summer. Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in Orlando. 200 feet high, 73 mph and a track that’s nearly a mile long. Mako is a hypercoaster, which means it’s all about speed, tight turns and that weightless feeling you get at the top of each hill. Its design and engineering was inspired by the real mako shark – one of the ocean’s fastest shark species. Mako’s two-acre surrounding realm will be fully themed to sharks, inspiring guests to learn about and care for this mysterious species which needs our help to survive.
· Shark Touch Pool – Guests who have ever dreamed of touching a shark will have the opportunity to do so this summer at SeaWorld Orlando. The Relaxation Station located near Wild Artic will be home to a brand-new educational experience where guests will have the chance to learn about and interact with brownbanded bamboo sharks, whitespotted bamboo sharks and epaulette sharks.
Interactive Games – Join the frenzy as you race around SeaWorld Orlando to find some of the tallest, fastest and longest creatures that call our oceans home.
Guests up for the Mako Challenge can make a difference by participating in a park wide text message-based scavenger hunt. Those who complete the Mako Challenge will have $1 donated to the SeaWorld Busch Gardens Conservation Fund on their behalf, benefiting a variety of conservation projects all over the world.
Animal Experiences – Throughout the park, even more animal ambassadors, educators and animal experts are stationed to share information and stories about the animals in our care and provide up-close meet and greets, scheduled feedings and fun surprises. Park guests can pick-up a Summer of Mako guide and park map for specific times and locations.
· Mako Treats and Exclusive Summer Offers – Summer of Mako will offer several limited time in-park specials and culinary offerings including a honey vanilla mako shark cookie; a SeaWorld exclusive Coca-Cola Freestyle mix, Mako Blast; a specialty alcoholic beverage only available at Shark’s Underwater Grill; and Mako American Red Ale, a SeaWorld exclusive brew available in several locations around SeaWorld.
Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night – Beginning June 18, experience this returning fan-favorite, a high-energy show featuring original music, amazing production elements and SeaWorld’s majestic killer whales. Shamu Stadium will transform with stylistic lighting and colorful backdrops to create a social and celebratory atmosphere ending with a fireworks finale spectacle.
· Block Party – When the sun goes down, the fun starts up with a nightly Block Party along SeaWorld’s Waterfront. Celebrate summer and dance the night away with high energy music and street entertainment that is sure to provide non-stop fun for all ages.
· Evening Coaster Thrills – SeaWorld’s coasters are a whole different experience when the sun goes down. Guests can experience Mako, Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Kraken, a floorless coaster with seven inversions, and Manta, a facedown, headfirst coaster where riders fly like a manta ray.
SeaWorld Orlando’s 4th of July Weekend Celebration
· Weekend Concerts – On July 2 and 3, guests can enjoy performances from Country music icon Lee Greenwood at Bayside Stadium. Greenwood has more than 30 albums to his credit and has received numerous industry awards including Grammy Top Male Vocal Performance and Male Vocalist with Country Music Association. Concerts begin at 6:30 p.m. and are included with park admission. Reserved seating available for $15, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com for details.
· Fireworks Display – This Fourth of July, families and friends can enjoy one of Orlando’s most magnificent fireworks displays at SeaWorld Orlando. The night sky will light up as bursts of bright colors fill the air during this spectacular, patriotic-inspired show featuring the 13th Army Band, Florida National Guard. Fireworks are included with park admission and can best be viewed from Bayside Stadium, show begins at 10 p.m.
· Military Appreciation Morning – On July 1, SeaWorld Orlando will be opening the park gates one hour early for U.S. active duty military, veterans and up to three guests. Spin, glide, skim and fly on Manta or brave Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Mako during exclusive ride time before park opening. Advance ticket and military ID required; visit WavesOfHonor.com for current active duty and veteran ticket offers.
Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark
Beginning July 8, Aquatica heats things up with Island Nights presented by Coca-Cola® – an evening celebration of summer, taking place every night through August 6. Guests can enjoy a special Island Nights soundtrack, extended park hours, a daily happy hour from 5-7 p.m., an evening menu sizzlin’ with flavor at Waterstone Grill and evening kick-off parties with a DJ and dancers on Friday and Saturday nights. Event included with park admission to Aquatica.
BEST WAY TO PLAY:
Guests can enjoy Summer of Mako and Island Nights for just $99 with the purchase of a single-day admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica. Florida residents can purchase an Annual Pass to SeaWorld and Aquatica with EZpay for only $16/month.
SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando offers a wide variety of hotel and vacation packages that are perfect for a weekend getaway with the entire family. Packages include free admission to Aquatica and waves of other benefits including in-park discounts, signature show seating, and a fifth hotel night free. Guests can choose from several options including “Eat Free” providing one day of All-Day-Dining at SeaWorld and Aquatica for the whole family, and “Kids Free” offering up to two free child’s admissions to SeaWorld and Aquatica. To book, visit SeaWorldGetaways.com.
New this year, families can consider a one-of-a kind vacation experience where they can swim with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters, and experience an underwater walking tour of a coral reef with a Discovery Cove hotel package. Guests can plan a perfect trip that will include unlimited admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for the length of their stay (up to 14 days). To book, visit DiscoveryCoveVacations.com.
For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com. Events and times are subject to change. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest Summer of Mako and Island Nights information. Join the conversation with #SeaWorld and #SummerOfMako